Submit Your Manuscript
We are pleased that you are considering Liguori Publications for your manuscript. To help you determine how well your material fits our publishing program, please read the information that follows and browse the site.
Liguori Publications' mission is to effectively communicate the word of God in the Catholic tradition. By expanding our outreach to Catholics of all ages through print and digital media, we provide a deeper union with God through prayer, communion with one another, and a joyful practice of our faith.
We publish books, booklets, and pamphlets – in English and Spanish – in the areas of prayer-meditation-spirituality, Christian living, sacramental preparation, faith formation, Bible studies, and educational/ professional materials. Our products seek to serve:
- Catholics of all ages who wish to grow in their relationship with God and in their knowledge of the basic truths of the Catholic faith
- Catholics seeking a deeper understanding of the teachings of the Church
- Christians living a faith-filled life
- Catholics who feel estranged from God and the Church
- Pastoral and catechetical ministries
Please Note: We do not review proposals or manuscripts that are simultaneously submitted to other publishers, nor do we accept responsibility for lost or unsolicited manuscripts.
To adequately evaluate your proposal, we ask that it be as complete and to-the-point as possible. It should include complete answers to the following
1. General Information:
- Author’s name, address, telephone, email, fax (if applicable)
- Author’s biography, including your unique qualifications to create this product
- Subject discipline (prayer, Christian living, faith formation, etc.)
- Tentative title and subtitle
- Type of publication (book, booklet, pamphlet, digital product, etc.)
2. Production Information
- Overview: Write a brief description of the product and its overall objective. Describe exactly what it will be about, how it will be structured (organized), how long will it be, and what makes this project unique.
- What question or need does the book answer for the reader?
- Sample Table of Contents
- Sample Chapter
- Proposed timeline for completion
3. Market Information
- Primary market: Indicate those audiences that need this material, and why they need it. Be as specific as possible. Provide evidence of need.
- Secondary market: List those groups in addition to the primary market who would also benefit from using this material.
- Competition: Research other products that are direct competition to this product. Include title, author, and ISBN. List their strengths and weaknesses, and what makes your product different, superior, or supplementary.
- If none exist, in what way is your approach or topic unique?
Submit your proposal via email:
Submit your proposal via mail:
One Liguori Drive
Liguori, MO 63057-9999
Your proposal will be reviewed by the acquisitions staff. Please allow approximately six (6) weeks for evaluation. If your proposal is considered a possibility for future publication, an Acquisitions Editor will contact you. The next steps are:
- The Acquisitions Editor, along with a Marketing Specialist, will develop a more comprehensive proposal that includes a profit-and-loss evaluation, a plan for publication, and a marketing/publicity plan. They will present this proposal to the Acquisitions Committee.
- The Acquisitions Committee meets weekly. In that meeting, one of three things will happen:
- Request for additional information: New ideas have come up that might change the product. The Acquisitions Editor is asked to reevaluate the proposal and bring it back for consideration.
- The proposal is rejected, in which case you will receive a rejection notification.
- The proposal is accepted, in which case you will be notified and the contractual process will begin.
- You will be asked to fill out an author questionnaire. This will provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as an author and of the proposal.
We are always eager to find new authors and new ideas that meet the goals of our publication plan. Thank you again for considering Liguori Publications.
--The Liguori Acquisitions Team