Sign In or Register
Username and Password
Click Here to Sign In
Submit A Manuscript
We’re pleased you’re considering Liguori Publications to publish your manuscript. We’re always eager to find new authors and ideas that align with our publication vision. To help us adequately evaluate your proposal, please provide the following information. Be as complete, yet concise and to the point, as possible.
- Author’s name, address, telephone, email, fax (if applicable)
- Author’s biography, including your unique qualifications to create this product
- Subject discipline (prayer, Christian living, faith formation, etc.)
- Tentative title and subtitle
- Type of publication (book, pamphlet, digital product, etc.)
- Overview: Write a brief description of the product and its overall objective. How will it be structured (organized), and what is the proposed word count?
- What question does it answer for the reader?
- Sample Table of Contents
- Sample Chapter
- Proposed timeline for completion
- Primary market: Indicate those audiences that need this material, and why they need it. Be as specific as possible. Provide evidence of need.
- Secondary market: List those groups in addition to the primary market who would also benefit from using this material.
- Competition: Research other products that are direct competition to this product. Include title, author, and ISBN. List their strengths and weaknesses, and what makes your product different, superior, or supplementary.
- If none exist, in what way is your approach or topic unique?
- Contact information of people for possible endorsements/testimonials.
To expedite the submission process, we ask that you send the above information in Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Google Docs format to email@example.com with your cover letter as the body of the email. We are not accepting hard copy submission at this time.
For other inquiries, please Contact Us.
Submitting Your Proposal
Your proposal will be evaluated by the acquisitions team, and you will be contacted in approximately eight to twelve (8-12) weeks.
If your manuscript proposal is considered to be a possibility for future publication, the next steps are:
- The Acquisitions Editor, along with a Product Marketer, will develop a more comprehensive proposal that includes a profit-and-loss evaluation, a plan for publication, and a marketing/publicity plan. They will present this to the Acquisitions Committee.
- The Acquisitions Editor may request additional information. The Acquisition Committee may wish to reconsider the proposal under a revised structure or format, or new ideas have come up that might change the product.
- The proposal is accepted, in which case you will be notified and the contractual process will begin. You will be asked to fill out an author questionnaire. This will provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as an author and of the work in progress. The Acquisitions Editor will set deadlines and monitor the manuscript as it moves from concept to production.
Thanks again for considering Liguori Publications.